[AfrICANN-discuss] Ombudsman asks DCA to simmer down after .africa conflict of interest complaint

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Fri Dec 21 16:11:03 SAST 2012

Uniforum is not a trust.

Its corporate ownership is a matter of public record under the law of
the Republic of South Africa and can be looked up on the public record.

Trusts are not "in the public domain". In fact in my jurisdiction,
trusts are marketed precisely because of their secrecy.

So, please, the following questions arise, in line with ICANN
Transparency Principles ..

Who are the trustees?
What is the proper law of the trust?
Who are the beneficial owners?

These questions must be answered, and in public, as otherwise DCA Trust
will autotmatically fail in its bid due to ICANN's requirements to do
due diligence on crime, terrorism and moneylaundering.