[AfrICANN-discuss] WCIT.In Conclusion

Y Mshana2003 ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 01:32:27 SAST 2012

Just shelve the question until you look at the horizon we are looking at...beyond .africa! That where we are now...let ICANN process do its best ...no worries
Cheers
Yassin
From Yassin . Sent from samsung mobile. On O2.

McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Y Mshana2003 <ymshana2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Excuse me...who sits in GAC? If Not from Governments then we are talking
> about different things here...

Yes, governmental folks sit in the GAC, but it is NOT a "public authority".

The answer to your query to Dr. Nii is still the same:

"An applied-for gTLD string that falls into any of 1 through 4 listed
above is considered to represent a geographic name. In the event of
any doubt, it is in the applicant’s interest to consult with relevant
governments and public authorities and enlist their support or
non-objection prior to submission of the application, in order to
preclude possible objections and pre-address any ambiguities
concerning the string and applicable requirements."

--
Cheers,

McTim