[AfrICANN-discuss] ITU

Katim S. Touray kaamt at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 10:44:10 SAST 2012

McTim,

As a former ICANN board member, let me say that reality is much more complicated than just saying that "The DoC does not have control over them", in reference to the 12 organizations that run the A-M root servers.  Please see http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements  and scroll down to the IANA contract.

Katim