Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] The Google campaign – An ITU view

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:32:03 SAST 2012

Hello Tim et all, I am having a problem with the Statement below:
**
*"If you see the matter as I do, that ICANN has asked that governmental
and/or intergovernmental entities weigh in on new gTLDs that have a
geographic scope, it is perfectly reasonable to have the AU involved*."

The issue here is that, was a concensus or even consultations to involve
the AU or AUC in any case? <That is what culminates to abuse and
manipulations  I referred to>

You say, "*It is perfectly reasonable*" by Who? You, or Africans who were
not consulted?

Please ...it is matter of principle - It is surprising to sede the AUC
being dragged along without checking what the Political body is being put
into. That is where misleading took place  OR maybe the advisory to the AUC
are part na d parcel of the whole act? If so, I for one need to know  as I
would not accept to see Africans denied of their voices on issues which are
important to Africa.

Kind regards

Yassin
Kind regards