[AfrICANN-discuss] .africa the saga continues

Nii Narku Quaynor quaynor at ghana.com
Sat Dec 1 14:12:36 SAST 2012

On Dec 1, 2012, at 11:38, Lerato <lerato.ma at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I also say yes, all those governments have no clue of DCA bid or rather ill advised. Why should any of the governments show bias and support to one bidder over another?   Is DCA not not running the same .africa or someone managed to confused them with .dotarica?  DCA did not violate any national law and public policy, so I see no reason why the governments should have a problem with its bid.  Governments should not block competition.

It's amazing how we brush over the fact that the string applied for require support or no objection from 60% of member country 'governments'

Did DCA achieve this? If DCA failed to achieve that you should not conclude that the governments have no clue or come to fight with listers

No surprise however since anyone with different opinion received insults from almighty DCA and ministers of ICT were not spared. Perhaps DCA insulted a few too many governments and the PR failed in getting government support