Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] The Google campaign – An ITU view

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 02:33:36 SAST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Lerato <lerato.ma at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My specific questions remain unanswered.
>
> hmm your questions will be answered soon by results of the evaluation that
> will follow the guidebook,
> that is if the governments in Africa do not try to decide to influence ICANN
> again for an exception or I should say do a resolution and shove it down on
> ICANN's throat?

There is no shoving here.

The ICANN Board, when approving the guidebook, opened the door for the
involvement of "public authorities associated with the continent or
the region".

> by the same, I notice the questions that never gets answered such as ones
> raised by Dr . Yassin earlier on this list, say on matters of abuse of
> trust, bad influencing, lies and manipulations?

If you see the matter as I do, that ICANN has asked that governmental
and/or intergovernmental entities weigh in on new gTLDs that have a
geographic scope, it is perfectly reasonable to have the AU involved.

in light of the above I see zero abuse of trust, bad influencing, lies
or manipulations coming from any of your opponents.

--
Cheers,

McTim