[AfrICANN-discuss] IPV6 Training Workshop in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire with ISOC.ci and Afrinic

Brice Abba briceabba at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:08:57 SAST 2011

Hi ALL,
IPV6 TRAINING IN TAKING PALCE TODAY AND TOMOROWAT LABTIC COTE d'IVOIRE WITH AFRINIC MATERIALSAND ISOC.ci AND LABTIC COTE D'IVOIRE
INSTRUCTORS DAY 1: ABBA BEHOU BRICE AND DR KADJO TANOH (IPV6 BASES, ADRESSES, ROUTING)
INSTRUCTORS DAY 2: ABBA BEHOU BRICE (IPv6 Subnetting,IPV6 ROUTING IPV4 IPV6, OSPFV2 OSPFV3? 6TO4 TUNNEL...)
Regards,

Brice ABBA

Ingénieur en Sciences InformatiquesAdmin Système SAFRAN MORPHOResp. DNSsec au NIC CI et LABTIC, LARIT
mob: (+225)-08-607-228
fix(home): (+225)-23-512-912

> Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:00:57 +0300
> From: tamon at afrinic.net
> To: africann at afrinic.net
> Subject: [AfrICANN-discuss] Successful Conclusion of 6Deploy/AfriNIC Training Workshop in Luanda - Angola

> Dear colleagues,
>
> AfriNIC successfully concluded a three (3) day training workshop in
> Luanda - Angola. The workshop ran from the 11 - 13 October 2011  at the
> premises of Cinfotec Via S2, S/N | Talatona.
>
> The technical workshop was preceded by a one day conference on IPv6
> which brought together key stakeholders in the IT industry in Angola.
> This event was grazed by representatives of the Minister of
> Telecommunications and IT, the Secretary of Higher Education, Science
> and Technology as well as other key stakeholders.
>
> The workshop was attended by forty two (42) network engineers and
> systems administrators drawn from the telecommunications and Internet
> service organisations as well as  government agencies and universities.
>
> During the workshop participants learned the following:
>
> [+] Planning for, requesting and managing IP number resources.
>
> [+] The limitations of NAT as a sustainable solution to IPv4 address
> exhaustion.
>
> [+] Configuration of a basic IPv6 network (host configuration, routing
> and transition techniques)
>
> [+] The full course outline is available at the following URLs
>
>       # IPv6: http://www.afrinic.net/training/ipv6training.htm
>       # INRM: http://www.afrinic.net/training/inrmtraining.htm
>
> After this workshop, the first IPv6 peering over the local IXP was
> established at 6.06pm on Thursday the 13th October.
>
> We wish to extend our appreciation to the AAPSI - Associacao Angolana de
> Provedores de Servicos Internet for hosting this workshop and making it
> a success. Our appreciation also goes to the instructors - Carlos
> Friacas of FCCN in Portugal and Nishal Goburdhan of AfriNIC.
>

> Regards.
>
> - --
> - -
> -
> Mukom Akong T.
> Member Training Manager
> www.afrinic.net | p: +230 403 5100   |   f: +230 466 6758
> Skype/Twitter: perfexcellent   | LinkedIn: mu.linkedin.com/in/perfexcellent

When you work you are a flute through whose heart the whispering of the