[AfrICANN-discuss] Re: AfrICANN Digest, Vol 57, Issue 32

Ntege Badru badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Tue Nov 22 19:54:01 SAST 2011

Baudouin

Clarification is inline

From: africann-bounces at afrinic.net [mailto:africann-bounces at afrinic.net] On
Behalf Of Baudouin Schombe
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:26 PM
To: africann at afrinic.net
Subject: [AfrICANN-discuss] Re: AfrICANN Digest, Vol 57, Issue 32

"The AU decision should be informed by the community and so the community
needs to take an active role in the dialogue.  This process is not easy as
we can see some of the misunderstandings coming out however we have to all
work together".

I think it is important to clarify the concept. What was meant by
"community"? Directly and indirectly involved when referring to the
"community"?

[Ntege Badru]

I t think I should use the following description for the community borrowed
from wikipedia

a group of interacting people, possibly living in close proximity, and often
refers to a group that shares some common values, and is attributed with
social cohesion within a shared geographical location, generally in social
units larger than a household.

So in the context of this thread and .africa "community"  would refer to
Africans current and future users of the internet in any form a nature.

Regards Badru