**Personal Attack** [AfrICANN-discuss] DCA expresses commitment to work with African ccTLDs

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 00:26:17 SAST 2011

Dear Mark Elkins et al,

It is interesting that the attention was on the "personality" and not
the "principle" ?

It now seems that the long running debate on .africa was due to the
"person" behind DCA. Are we doing the right thing for Africa that way?
Who is to judge how we speak in public - I am shocked by this
unfairness I see in this communication. Who is 100% perfect I wonder.

Does it mean that the main concern here is that a particular person is
speaking to the audience which represent a very small fraction of
Africans who attended ICANN-42?

Does it mean that one had to be in Dakar to see what was being 'observed'

Public appearance should not come into judgement - the habit of
reading speeches is now outdated so we all behave differently when we
tell the truth and from our minds not from a well crafted speech.

I for one considers this as a personal attack in public and not fair
- and professionally not acceptable. I thought we all observe
professional ethics and diplomacy in a mailing list like this?

I thought that this List is not going to be treated like a Chit-Chat
line... or maybe I am wrong?

Please please, let us observe ethics to avoid such self-embarrassing
communications.

Thank you again for the 'observations' which I do not think should be
publicly displayed - let us all look at the mirror before we judge
others please...

Kind regards

Yassin Mshana

--