[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Picks Senegal for October Meeting

Alex Gakuru gakuru at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:29:41 SAST 2011

I have a question.

After ICANN is completely cut loose of *all* governments, whom then
would thereafter "tame it" if it somewhat chose to go privately wild
with, for example, some stakeholder groups structurally and
perpetually domineering over the others (e.g. private interest over
public interest)?

My question is provoked by the concern as to what interests opinionate
the "generic Africa Branding" stance at the ICANN blog? Are they
individual or "community" views, founded on private or public
interest, regional/one country or globally representative, all
culturally balanced or biased? et. cetera.

Here not being accusatory but just my 'normal' wondering stranger:-)

regards,

Alex

PS:
For the record, Congratulations Senegal!
AG