[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Picks Senegal for October Meeting

Alice Munyua alice at apc.org
Wed Mar 30 08:25:38 SAST 2011

Congratulations to Senegal. I am sure it will be a great meeting.

I have a similar reaction to the meeting announcement, we are yet again
faced with having to dispel the single African narrative/story.

  "in keeping with our normal procedures and our obligation to provide a
safe and secure environment for ICANN meetings, we will continue to
closely monitor the situation as we prepare for the meeting"   We went
to Columbia last year, Mexico a year or so back, the kind of places if I
was using my stereotype lens I would certainly have avoided.

So we need to keep working on providing a different script for our
continent and I believe Dakar will do so, just like Nairobi did.

best regards

Alice