[AfrICANN-discuss] RFC on the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Functions - Deadline March 31, 2011

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 01:18:53 SAST 2011

Hi McTim,

I am not sure whether we are on the same line of thought or line of
vision in this.....?

You said, ....."I don't see either in AfTLDs bid for .africa".

I am sorry to strongly suggest that you please 'look again' because
the conflict of interest is blurringly there. It seems to me that
politicising issues is OK by you....I am afraid it is not the reality.
It depends from which angle/position you are seeing 'things' or your
interest in this.

I have been around in my normal way listening and observing how the
scenario has has been changing until this time when I noticed elements
of abuse and mis-interpretation taking place (only in within our
Africa community) - the fear is that we are losing the Values and
Responsibility we have to safeguard the business development and
promote fair competition. Frighteningly this tends to be based on
personal gain(s) and of recent, it has become a more than that!

Turning back to the question of timing, "where was afTLD only to come
up with this unacceptable proposal?"

This reminds of those days when ITU was bidding to take over ICANN
operations i.e. put them under the UN systems (?)... This big idea of
using AU to accredit AfLD sounds similar to me - cant we learn
something there?

I have explored and found that full support to DCA is the way forward!
It is a business regardless of what 'noise' is being made to
unethically stifle the process - I am afraid that is how it seems to
be unless proved negative.

Meanwhile, can someone explain why was a Hon Minister dragged into
this? For political Influence or what? There is the GAC where
sovereign issues are channelled through. Overlooking the function of
GAC is not proper - that is a fact unless someone is running another
global body parallel to ICANN! I don't know, maybe we are talking
about two different global organisations here - apologies if that is
the case.

Time to make things transparently clear is now!  Who has got what
personal interest in what at the expense of regional development? Name
names please.......

BTW - the above is not addressed to McTim only, it applies to all of us!

I have no room to hide my ideas and opinions - let us stop time
wasting games - the clock is ticking!

Kind regards

Yassin