[***SPAM***] Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] [***SPAM***] OER@AVU

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 00:54:26 SAST 2011

Thank you AR for this information.

It is very good to see how Africa is progressing in content generation
- there is a lot of content  from Africa to have its own
Encyclopaedia! It is only that most of the content was passed by word
of mouth by the fireside and according to age etc...It is a treasure!

I once stopped and thought, "If Africans did not have the knowledge
and skills to survive, would we be here? We would have perished due to
one or other cause and I would not be writing this now!"

To add more pleasure, Africa had its own Intellectual Property
arrangements - that is why you have clans named after the trade or
service they provided.....I think it is time to share the African
content in African way. I thought about that when I was serving in AVU
as the 1st Site Manager but I was too new (young) to voice my ideas...

Hey! Its time to reload the information about Africa and revisit the History!!

This made me open up - thank you!!!

Yassin

--
c/o DFID-Sierra Leone