[AfrICANN-discuss] Breaking the Internet HOWTO: The Unintended Consequences of Governmental Actions

SM sm at resistor.net
Tue Dec 20 13:05:19 SAST 2011

At 01:45 20-12-2011, Nacer Adamou Saidou wrote:
>This was my question: what are we doing/considering to do to ensure
>Internet neutrality.
>These are not the exact words I used as I cannot remember exactly how I
>stated the question, but that was the idea.

You mean like [1]:

  1. Should internet providers be allowed to prioritise one kind of internet
     usage of another?

  2. Are transparency rules on traffic management sufficient to solve possible
     issues?

  3. Would the bottlenecks and other problems disappear if we manage to foster
     investment in new and open networks?

  4. Would regulation promoting more infrastructure competition be reason
     enough to bring a lighter touch to net neutrality?

Regards,
-sm

1.
http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=SPEECH/10/153&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en