[AfrICANN-discuss] Fwd: information - .africa string related claim - lies

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 21:25:34 SAST 2010

and of course, any director should recuse themselves if there is any
potential conflict of interest,
as Pierre has indicated he would do at the below url regarding this exact issue:

https://community.icann.org/display/DirCan/At-Large+Director+Candidate-Community+Forum+-+11.10

"Pierre Dandjinou

Dear Adam, thanks for these questions. I do appreciate. In fact, I am
not at all involved in any future application for the new gTLD round.
As for DotAfrica, my contribution so far should be put within its
context. I happen to be one of the promoters of the African stars
(AF*) which is a loose organization which has been promoting African
related Internet institutions and associations. My position within the
UNDP as a regional Adviser on ICT prompted me to assist those nascent
groupings which have now become AFRINIC, AFNOG and AFTLDs. The Africa
Union has now appointed a group of Experts to assist it understand the
new gTLD process and work out a registry for dot Africa in an open
manner. I am one of those experts, and I do not plan at all to apply
for the dot Africa registry. Whatever I have been doing was to
facilitate a process.

Of course if I were elected on the Board, I will stop any advisory
services that could hamper my participation to the Board. As you say,
I will easily recuse myself from any on going discussions in Africa as
relates to the dot Africa registry."

--
Cheers,

McTim