[AfrICANN-discuss] Fwd: information - .africa string related claim - lies

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 21:05:29 SAST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Nii Narku Quaynor <quaynor at ghana.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have come across this smear campaign against a nominee for an ICANN
> Director which I must share. I am speechless as never in the life of ICANN
> have we seen this kind of manipulation. This is unprecedented and I
> dissociate myself from this kind of practice at ICANN and I call on all who
> find this offensive to say so openly on this list and to ICANN.

Clearly offensive, and detrimental to DCA, as it exposes their "all's fair
in love and war' mentality as we heard on AfrICANN list last week.

> I like to apologize to Pierre Dandjinou as he does not deserve this. Pierre
> would be a very good ICANN director, a person who has been through all the
> phases of ICANN development from INETs, ANSs, DCNS, IAHC, DNSO ...., ICANN
> then AfNOG, AfriNIC, AfTLD, AfRALO,.., AfREN and current coordinator of
> AfCERT. He has shown commitment and continuing to take on newer
> responsibilities in the African technical community, well respected in
> diplomatic circles having worked with UN system and deserves better. Pierre
> may have skills that ICANN likely needs at this time

I think P.D would be an outstanding Board Member, we should all say so to
the electorate (which are 20 folk from ALAC If I understand the process
correctly).

I would urge folk on ALAC  to support Pierre.

--
Cheers,

McTim
P.S. I love the many colors, fonts, underlining, italics, etc...it's classic
"netkook" editing style!