[AfrICANN-discuss] .Africa project communique (Task force)

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 05:43:25 SAST 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Alex Gakuru <gakuru at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:31 AM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Nebster <nebster11 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Dear Badru ,McTeam-
>>
>> <snip>
>>

>> > To shade additional light to what ICANN guide book says, for geographic
>> > names, the approval for the license comes from governments and not the
>> > technical community.
>>
>> I wouldn't call it a license, per se...appprovals must come from
>> relevant governments, but it's not as formal as a license.
>>
>> I would encourage all those interested to read:
>> http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/draft-rfp-clean-28may10-en.pdf
>>
>> Sections 1.1.2.8 String Contention subsection 2.2.1.4 of Module 2 for more
>> information.
>
> Refer to
> newer? http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-12nov10-en.htm , http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/comments-5-en.htm

Thanks Alex, I had heard the newer version was out, but couldn't find the link.

The same text appears in the new version though:

"If there is more than one application for a string
representing a certain geographic name as described in
this section, and the applications have requisite
government approvals, the applications will be suspended
pending resolution by the applicants."

So I think my point is still valid.

--
Cheers,