[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Newsletter

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:28:02 SAST 2010

 Announcements This Week

*To 4,294,967,296 and Beyond – Under 10% of IPv4 Space Remains: Adoption of
IPv6 Is Essential*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-29jan10-en.htm>
It has long been anticipated, but the available pool of unallocated Internet
addresses using the older IPv4 protocol – which holds a total of slightly
more than four billion IP addresses - has now dipped to below the 10 percent
mark, meaning that there are only a bit over 400 million IP addresses left
in the global pool of unallocated addresses.

*Public Comment: Amendment of the GNSO Operating Procedures on the 2010
Selection Process for ICANN Board Seat
13*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-28jan10-en.htm>
The GNSO Council is seeking comments on amendments to the GNSO Operating
Procedures related to the 2010 selection process for ICANN Board Seat 13.

*DNSSEC Deployment in Root Zone of DNS Begins at
ICANN*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-27jan10-en.htm>
DNSSEC information is now being served by L-Root, one of the Internet's 13
root servers, operated by ICANN.

 ------------------------------
 Upcoming Events

*[image: 7 - 12 March 2010: 37th International Public ICANN Meeting -
Nairobi, Kenya] <http://nbo.icann.org/>7 - 12 March 2010: 37th International
Public ICANN Meeting - Nairobi, Kenya <http://nbo.icann.org/>*

*20 - 25 June 2010: 38th International Public ICANN Meeting - Brussels,
Belgium*
About ICANN

*ICANN Bylaws <http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>*

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security,
stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and
transparent. Learn more at *www.ICANN.org* <http://www.icann.org/>.

*Draft Strategic Plan, 2010 - 2013 <http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>*

*Adopted FY10 Operating Plan and
Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>