[AfrICANN-discuss] A .com domain name increases a company's exposure to foreign lawsuits, rules ECJ

Alex Gakuru gakuru at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 13:05:13 SAST 2010

to illustrate fuzziness continuance  ...

"In a simpler world, this development would have meant that ICANN
would have replaced IANA, which would no longer exist. Instead, ICANN
kept IANA around, leaving that organization in charge of overseeing IP
address registration and Internet parameters. ICANN is of course now
in charge of IANA, so really both organizations are responsible for IP
addresses and parameters. This often leads to confusion, and to make
things worse, it is common to see IANA and ICANN mentioned in
conjunction as “IANA/ICANN” or “ICANN/IANA"
http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_InternetRegistrationAuthoritiesandRegistriesIANAIC-2.htm