[AfrICANN-discuss] Beware of scam: summer school on Internetgovernance Africa

Ngundi, Vincent ngundi at cck.go.ke
Thu Aug 5 09:00:44 SAST 2010

Thanks Dawit.

Regards,

-Vincent

From: africann-bounces at afrinic.net [mailto:africann-bounces at afrinic.net]
On Behalf Of Dawit Bekele
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 9:22 AM
To: africann at afrinic.net; afnog at afnog.org; africanchapters at isoc.org;
Discuss at afrispa.org
Subject: [AfrICANN-discuss] Beware of scam: summer school on
Internetgovernance Africa

Hi all,

I would like to warn you about a very probable scam at
http://www.africanssig.org/first.htm.

The site copies the summer school on Internet governance in Latin
America and Europe that are real. It falsely claims that it is endorsed
by organizations like Internet Society and Google (amongst many others),
which it isn't. We have contacted many of the people sited on the front
page and in the program and none of them are aware of this program.

The Internet Society  will follow up this matter, but in the mean time I
would like to make sure that no one in the community falls into this
trap.

Please let me know if you have any information concerning this,

Dawit Bekele, Regional Bureau Manager - Africa
<bekele at isoc.org>
Tel: +251 911 22 13 33/+41 22 809 0363
http://www.isoc.org
Internet Society (ISOC)