[AfrICANN-discuss] Africa likely to be shaken off the internet

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 09:53:25 SAST 2009

Rebecca,
The findings of the Augmentation study pointed out some problems, including:-
1. Fall back to TCP because of truncation
2. High Memory usage on servers.
3. Increase in latency especially with BIND and big zone files (100,000+) among others.

I do agree that some of the loads/tests are not practicle at the moment and even some can be mitigated, but overall IMHO telling ourselves that we won't be affected would be wrong.

Regards,
Douglas Onyango +256(0712)981329

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the Problem.