[AfrICANN-discuss] FW: Internationalization of the Internet Marks

SM sm at resistor.net
Fri Oct 2 07:33:51 SAST 2009

Hi Elie,
At 17:39 01-10-2009, Elie Dodzi wrote:
>These are good news ! Having the participation of the community when
>it comes to the Internet area.
>Yet I think that in Africa, many effort remain to be done in terms
>of Internet resources management or Internet development management.

The AfriNIC community is participating in Internet development.  The
effort may not be visible from this mailing list.

>China is also building its own internet infrastructure and shall
>African or other countries ask Chinese people one day to decide on
>the future of that infrastructure ?

There are countries in the region that are building their own
Internet infrastructure.

>Africa needs to start working hard instead of following the trend of
>systematic opposition to the US as what is actually done by the
>Europeans countries (which I sincerely think is useless. Lets
>recognize the invention of the Internet to Americans and Lets start
>working in Africa).

Can you point me to what you consider as a trend of systematic
opposition to the US?  BTW, the comment you made above contradicts
what you said in the previous (quoted) paragraph.

Regards,
-sm