[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Weekly Newsletter

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Sat May 16 09:48:33 SAST 2009

[image: ICANN] <http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

*http://www.icann.org* *Week ending 15 May 2009 *

 ------------------------------
 Announcements This Week

*Advisory: OnlineNIC Transfer Issues
Resolved*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-15may09-en.htm>
Customers of registrar OnlineNIC who had problems with previous transfer
requests should now be able to transfer their domains to a different
registrar if they wish.

Bulk Transfer of Parava Domains to
Tucows<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-14may09-en.htm>
Tucows Inc. has been selected to manage the name registrations previously
managed by Parava Networks, Inc. (dba 10-Domains.com).

*Status Overview of IPv4 Block Allocation
Published*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-12may09-en.htm>
At its meeting on 23 April 2009, the Board resolved to request tracking of
the development of a Global Policy Proposal for the Allocation of IPv4
Blocks to Regional Internet Registries, under discussion in the addressing
community.

*Public Comment: Revised gTLD Registries Stakeholder
Petition*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-11may09-en.htm>
All members of the ICANN community are now invited to review and compare two
RySG submissions and share comments and observations with the ICANN Board
and the wider community through 10 June 2009.

 ------------------------------
 Upcoming Events

*[image: 21 - 26 June: 35th International Public ICANN Meeting - Sydney,
Australia] <http://syd.icann.org/>21 - 26 June 2009: 35th International
Public ICANN Meeting - Sydney, Australia <http://syd.icann.org/>*
 About ICANN

*ICANN Bylaws <http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>*

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security,
stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and
transparent. Learn more at *www.ICANN.org* <http://www.icann.org/>.

*Strategic Plan, July 2007 - June 2010 <http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>*

*Adopted FY09 Operating Plan and
Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/adopted-opplan-budget-v3-fy09-25jun08-en.pdf>