[AfrICANN-discuss] Re: kenya amendment act and KENIC

Calvin Browne calvin at orange-tree.alt.za
Tue May 12 13:16:20 SAST 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 16:39 +0000, alice munyua wrote:
> Its about consumer protection, legitimate  companies operating in that area, encouraging new entrepreneurs etc
>

> Best
> Alice

I agree that requiring entities to be licenced my help 'consumer
protection' and weed out non-'legitimate  companies', but I fail to see
how placing an additional barrier to entry is going to 'encourage new
entreprenuers' .

So, I'm really curious as to how the Kenyan model will cause this to
happen?

regards

--Calvin