[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Weekly Newsletter

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Sun May 10 11:11:21 SAST 2009

[image: ICANN] <http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

*http://www.icann.org* *Week ending 8 May 2009 *

 ------------------------------
 Announcements This Week

*New gTLD Program
Update*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-07may09-en.htm>
ICANN continues to move forward in the implementation of the new gTLD
Program while balancing and addressing community concerns on specific
aspects of the program. The public comment period on the second version of
the applicant guidebook recently closed and work continues to proceed
regarding the discussion of overarching issues.

*Public Comment: Single, Two and Select Three Character Names in
Dot-pro*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-06may09-en.htm>
A new public comment period opens today for 30 days on a proposed amendment
from RegistryPro to Appendix C and K of the dot-pro Registry Agreement.

*Public Comment: Revised Conflicts of Interest
Policy*<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-06may09-en.htm>
A new public comment period opens today for 30 days on the revised Conflicts
of Interest Policy.

 ------------------------------
 Upcoming Events

*[image: 21 - 26 June: 35th International Public ICANN Meeting - Sydney,
Australia] <http://syd.icann.org/>21 - 26 June 2009: 35th International
Public ICANN Meeting - Sydney, Australia <http://syd.icann.org/>*
 About ICANN

*ICANN Bylaws <http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>*

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security,
stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and
transparent. Learn more at *www.ICANN.org* <http://www.icann.org/>.

*Strategic Plan, July 2007 - June 2010 <http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>*

*Adopted FY09 Operating Plan and
Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/adopted-opplan-budget-v3-fy09-25jun08-en.pdf>