[AfrICANN-discuss] Congratulations!!

Nii Quaynor quaynor at ghana.com
Fri Jun 12 13:04:54 SAST 2009

Hi Katim,

Interesting comments and here is a remark.

Regarding developing countries interest group it may be that there already is quite good cooperation among developing countries within ICANN which may be, one might argue needs be enhanced. I am aware how the close cooperation among developing country communities resulted in formation of ICANN itself and the development of resource organizations that work within ICANN. These linkages still exist.

On the otherhand, one might consider deepenning "Africann" among African Internet country communities and grow from within. Its not evident that we have exhausted the new communities we can reach. In other words we have a lot of work ahead to do with bring views of policy makers, regulators, academics, researchers, ngo's and more private sector into discussions. I am also not sure that, we are currently doing justice to debates on ICANN issues through sub groups (focussed) of the Africann list. For example, is a group discussing the documents for sydney and recommending positions favorable to Africa? advising you on ICANN board on those issues?  and where are the parallel shadow ICANN constituencies working in Africann? and so on, if you see what one is searching for.

Regards
Nii