[AfrICANN-discuss] Mexico City '09

Michuki Mwangi michuki at swiftkenya.com
Wed Feb 25 14:01:45 SAST 2009

Hi all,

While this sort of digresses from the issues raised by Katim, i would
seek to beg your indulgence on this for one minute. The reason being
that the issue of participation at ICANN meetings has come up at the
ccNSO and other constituencies in the past. This also affects all other
regional meets especially within the Af* (AfriNIC, AfNOG, AfTLD, etc).

The question here is we are quick to point at the ICANN model (fair
enough). But we still lack in numbers and participation at regional
events where such issues need to be discussed. There are those who will
attend but we are still few in numbers, our contributions to the
discussions on and off the lists are still wanting in many spaces
(AfriNIC is doing a good job i must say). But still ...

My question is - what would make us consider the meetings any different
regardless of who is organizing them and increase our participation
levels and also our contributions as well.

Regards,

Michuki (speaking for himself today!.)