[AfrICANN-discuss] ccNSO membership - Africa Region - Re: FW: ccNSO Application for Membership (.cc)

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 01:56:34 SAST 2009

Hello Paulos,
It seems that the importance of joining ccNSO is not well understood or
there is a general reluctance based on compromised perception in some
quarters.

There is a need to outreach some ccTLDs with a message that will encourage
them joining. That is for those ccTLDs that have a business/management
structure that allows such intervention.

The benefits of joining ccNSO are obvious, and to the large extent joining
would be an indicator of a responsibility to the society that ccTLD serves.

That is my (frustrating) opinion.

Best regards

Yassin

2009/8/19 Dr Paulos Nyirenda <paulos at sdnp.org.mw>

> AfrICANN,
>
> I would like to observe that while there has been a lot of progress
> recently in getting new members into the ccNSO from Europe and the
> Asia Pacific region, applications from the Africa region have dried
> up of late and we are still stuck at still over 50% of the African
> ccTLDs still out of the ccNSO.
>
> The current membership list is available at
> http://ccnso.icann.org/about/members-sort-region.htm
>
> Since the ICANN bylaw changes that have seen the other region ccTLDs
> respond by joining, I would like to find out if ccTLDs in Africa
> still have barriers that prevent them from making an application to
> join the ccNSO.
>
> You can get an application form at:
> http://ccnso.icann.org/applications/
>
> In addition to the constituency travel fellowhips to ICANN meetings,
> I am sure that it is easy to see the many other benefits for a ccTLD
> to become a ccNSO member
>
> Regards,
>
> Paulos
> ======================
> Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
> .mw ccTLD
> http://www.registrar.mw
>

> On 25 Jun 2009 at 11:55, Chris Disspain wrote:
>
> > Greetings All,
> >
> > Albania (.al) has become our 94th member.
> >
> > Mirë se vini.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Chris Disspain
> > CEO - auDA