[AfrICANN-discuss] ccNSO membership - Africa Region - Re: FW: ccNSO Application for Membership (.cc)

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Wed Aug 19 19:06:10 SAST 2009

AfrICANN,

I would like to observe that while there has been a lot of progress
recently in getting new members into the ccNSO from Europe and the
Asia Pacific region, applications from the Africa region have dried
up of late and we are still stuck at still over 50% of the African
ccTLDs still out of the ccNSO.

The current membership list is available at
http://ccnso.icann.org/about/members-sort-region.htm

Since the ICANN bylaw changes that have seen the other region ccTLDs
respond by joining, I would like to find out if ccTLDs in Africa
still have barriers that prevent them from making an application to
join the ccNSO.

You can get an application form at:
http://ccnso.icann.org/applications/

In addition to the constituency travel fellowhips to ICANN meetings,
I am sure that it is easy to see the many other benefits for a ccTLD
to become a ccNSO member

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda