[AfrICANN-discuss] About the change of AfriNIC-9 venue!

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 05:51:11 SAST 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Dr Yassin Mshana <ymshana2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fellow Africans, friends of Africa et al,
>
> Can someone please give us an insight as to how this major change happened
> so suddenly?

It seems that someone in Addis got their wires crossed, and didn't
understand that AfriNIC has nothing to do with domain names (except
those in the reverse tree).

What was the process that took place in the identification of
> the venue and the support?
>
> That would be help since the Article has done its public duty "to inform" -
> there is a need to digest this important event in AfriNIC history.

I think it more of a minor annoyance really, but if there are folk in
Addis who want to run .africa, I would think that they have really
hurt their own chances by making themselves look incompetent to the
ICANN/Internet community.

--
Cheers,

McTim