[AfrICANN-discuss] On dot.africa

Sophia B sophiabekele at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 06:11:03 SAST 2007

On 25/11/2007, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Comments inline:
>
> On Nov 26, 2007 6:54 AM, Sophia B < sophiabekele at gmail.com> wrote:
> > November 25, 2007
> >
> > Adiel -
> >
> > Thank you for your last clarification on this subject.
>
> Yes, thanks AA.
>
> > We have looked at the archives AfriNIC has provided below.   It appears
> that
> > maybe it is a technical glitch, however, per your response as well as
> > AfriTLD postings on the original email-thread archive, it is not what is
> > appearing as one follows-thru the internet posting.
>
> >Perhaps the technical glitch is human error or PEBKAC (Problem Exists
> >Between Keyboard And Chair).  In other words if you see this in the
> >subject line:
> >"[Aftld-discuss] [AfrICANN-discuss] Resending letter to
> >ccTLDManagers(.Africa'sposition)"
>
> >You might assume that both lists are cc'ed in all messages, when in
> >fact what is probalbly going on is that some folk are trimming cc
> >list, so that these 6 messages ONLY appear on [Aftld-discuss] and NOT
> >on [AfrICANN-discuss] as well.

McTim-  Thank you for your time on this and bringing this insightful
scenario to light.  It is a clever "probability";-)

> Therefore, I will have to go back to my orgiinal request, to kindly ask
> AfriNIC and AfriTLD to make the correction within the next 3-5 days, on
your
> respective servers, so as to ensure the integrity of all the email thread
is
> in tact.  I can only assume that you all understand the implications of
such
> negative publicity.

>I find it very far-fetched that AfriNIC staff have tampered with the
>content of mailing list threads.

I will leave it for the lawyers to bring accusations. From my viewpoint, it
does not really matter who the source is at this instance, I appreciate once
again that who ever is *responsible for running the email-server* to
investigate such, and make the required  'corrections', as not doing so does
materially affect my credibility!

regards,
Sophia
--