[AfrICANN-discuss] on dots and cities

Calvin Browne calvin at orange-tree.alt.za
Mon May 14 16:35:21 SAST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 14:19 +0300, Rebecca Wanjiku wrote:
> i think it also goes along way to demonstrate africa's slumber....
> we are still grappling with whether to support our ccTLDs while others
> have moved to cities
>
> i will not be surprised that some of us will dash to acquire these
> domains instead of supporting our own,
>
> bex

<my opinions here>

Before you go and believe this rubbish (that .LA is assigned to Los
Angeles) please have a look at http://www.iana.org/root-whois/la.htm .

Basically, the domain for Lao People's Democratic Republic is being
marketed to the people of Los Angeles - in a manner that is questionable
at best, and down right fraudulent as worst.

regards

--Calvin