[AfrICANN-discuss] 2007 Jon Postel Award to..Nii Quaynor!

Dandjinou Pierre pdandjinou at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 04:48:45 SAST 2007

Hi all,
 Please join me and congratulate Nii Quaynor who has just be awarded the Jon
Postel Award.

The Award,  a crystal ball and a 20.000 $ check was handed to him by  Lynn
St.Amour, CEO and President of ISOC , at the 70th IETF in Vancouver , a
meeting attended by motre than 1,000 participants.

In his brief address, Nii  indicates that the award was both a recognition
and a call for a more pronounced African participation to the development of
the Internet. He intends to donate the money to the african ict fund being
contemplated by Afrinic as a contribution to training and exposing african
young engineers and network professionals.

You will agree with me that Nii , as one of the african pionners of Internet
development amply deserves the reward.

For more about the Jon Postel award please see http://www.isoc.org/awards/.

 Pierre Dandjinou