[AfrICANN-discuss] From ISOC - Call for Nominations for the Jonathan B. Postel Service Award

Anne-Rachel Inné annerachel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 10:48:34 SAST 2007

Vincent, Yassin,

Thanks for your kinds words. Really appreciate. Please let me know what you
both think of fetching the information on a web site like the following:
http://public.icann.org/global-partnerships/latam
As you will notice, my colleagues put more the activities that they
participate in, in their regions. What could I put there that is of interest
to you all?
Cheers
ar

On 8/5/07, Dr Yassin Mshana <ymshana2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Vincent et all,
>
> I wish to SECOND your suggestion.
>
> AR has done a great deal of things, some of them are unique and special.
> She has managed  to keep the momentum regardless of the heavy schedule at
> ICANN.
>
> Well done AR!!!!
>
> Yassin
>
> On 05/08/07, Vincent Ocran <ocranve at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think there should be an award for Anne-Rachel Inne within Afrinic.
> > She seems to be single handedly keeping us all informed and updated on
> > issue. With some of us having a very tight working life, what would we have
> > done without this super lady. Rachel I say thank you.
> >

> > On 03/08/07, Anne-Rachel Inné < annerachel at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Each year, the Internet Society awards the Jonathan B. Postel Service
> > > Award.  The award is presented to an individual who has made outstanding
> > > contributions in service to the data communications community.  The award
> > > includes a presentation crystal and a prize of USD 20,000.  This year the
> > > award will be made during the 70th Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
> > > meeting in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 2-7 December 2007.  The
> > > deadline for nominations is 17 September 2007.
> > >
> > > About the Award
> > > The award was established by the Internet Society to recognize and
> > > commemorate the extraordinary stewardship exercised by Jonathan B. Postel
> > > over the course of a thirty year career in networking.  Between 1971 and
> > > 1998, Jon managed, nurtured and transformed the RFC series of notes created
> > > by Steve Crocker in 1969.  He also served as the ARPANET "numbers Czar" and
> > > Internet Assigned Numbers Authority over the same period of time.  He was a
> > > founding member of the Internet Architecture (nee Activities) Board and the
> > > first individual member of the Internet Society, where he also served as a
> > > Trustee.  For more information on Jon Postel's life and contributions.
> > >
> > > The Jonathan B. Postel Service Award is to honor an individual who has
> > > provided similar sustained and substantial technical contributions, service
> > > to the community, and leadership.  With respect to leadership, the committee
> > > places particular emphasis on candidates who have supported and enabled
> > > others in addition to their own specific actions.
> > >
> > > Award Nomination Procedure
> > > The nominee does not need to be a member of ISOC. However, the
> > > nominator
> > > does need to be an ISOC member in good standing. Nominate via email to
> > >
> > > <postel2007 at isoc.org>, and include the following details:
> > >     1. Name and Email address of nominee
> > >     2. CV/Bio of nominee
> > >     3. Statement of recommendation including specific acts, works,
> > > contributions, and other criteria that would show the nominee to fit
> > > the
> > > standard set by Jon Postel. It should be clear from your statement
> > > that
> [...]

Anne-Rachel Inne