[RPKI-Discuss] Cloudflare's new RPKI Invalid Beacons

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Sat Apr 18 13:26:13 UTC 2020

On 18/04/2020 16:16, Job Snijders wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 04:00:57PM +0300, Frank Habicht wrote:

>> On 18/04/2020 15:55, Willy Manga wrote:

>>> Validators are not up to date ?

>> seems to be because not all like ARIN's legal conditions for their TAL.

> it is an interesting problem

> https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/10/28/arin_rpki_open_source/

some say the legal conditions of ARIN are unreasonable and ARIN should
just give their resource holders the same security that other RIRs give...

some say ARIN have most IPv4 resources and it's not a real legal risk,
so why not give more security to arin-registered resources, and agree to
the legalese.

I think both have some understandable point.

seems to me like a game of who blinks first.

[ and i wish ARIN would prioritise routing security over lawyer
recommendations ;-) ]

Frank