[RPKI-Discuss] RPKI and DNSSEC grants from fireafrica.org in collaboration with Internet Society

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Apr 28 06:48:06 UTC 2016

*http://fireafrica.org/grant-2016 <http://fireafrica.org/grant-2016>*

The Internet Society Africa Grants are designed to support  projects that
focus on practical solutions to one or both of the following issues:

   - Internet Security and Collaborative Security:
   The open and global nature of the Internet, built on fundamental
   principles of open standards, voluntary collaboration, reusable building
   blocks, integrity, permission-free innovation and global reach, has enabled
   remarkable social and economic innovation in ways that we could never have
   imagined. At the same time, using the Internet is not without risk.
   Malicious actors also see opportunities to gain benefit through fraud,
   thwart the activities of others or cause other damage. Closing the Internet
   is not the solution. We are actively seeking to fund established projects
   that seek to solve issues on Internet security. Projects should focus on
   one or both of the following pillars:
      - Naming: through innovative approaches to DNSSEC
      <http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/dnssec/> that enhance user
      confidence in Internet-based services
      - Routing: explore options for deployment of a secure routing
      standard – RPKI
      <http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/resources/rpki/> and BGP
      <http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/securing-bgp/>

   - Access: We believe that the Internet can help improve the quality of
   your life and the lives of people everywhere. We are actively seeking to
   fund established projects that focus on access
   <http://www.internetsociety.org/access> to promote and sustain an
   Internet that’s open and has a universally accessible platform for
   innovation, creativity, and economic opportunity. Projects should be
   focused on one or more of the following:
      - Infrastructure: Contributing to the development of infrastructure
      in your town, village, or community is in place in order to support
      community access to the Internet
      - User experience: Making sure that everyone – regardless of their
      age, language they speak, or their physical or mental abilities – can
      access the Internet
      - Cost: Breaking down the financial barriers to Internet access on a
      community, regional or national level.

Regards