<div dir="auto"><div><br>Indeed, I agree with you. </div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">I did a quick google search and found this: <a href="https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2019-June/003108.html">https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2019-June/003108.html</a>.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Is a whowas still on a wish list on the afrinic side ?</div><div dir="auto"><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container" dir="auto"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, 26 Sept 2026, 12:32 Nishal Goburdhan, <<a href="mailto:nishal@controlfreak.co.za">nishal@controlfreak.co.za</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On 26 Sep 2026, at 9:19, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:<br>
<br>
> Hi All,<br>
><br>
> Recently, I was investigating a cyber security incident involving IP addresses.<br>
><br>
> A recurring challenge is that even after these IP ranges are returned<br>
> to AFRINIC for quarantine and cleanup, there is no quick, centralized<br>
> way for cybersecurity threat intelligence providers or law enforcement<br>
> agencies to track this status change.<br>
<br>
this isn’t really an RPD issue, more than it is a DBWG issue. what you’re asking for, doesn’t impact resource *allocation* more than resource *representation*.<br>
<br>
there have already been requests for WHOWAS; this would be a simple extension.<br>
<br>
—n.<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
RPD mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:RPD@afrinic.net" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">RPD@afrinic.net</a><br>
<a href="https://lists.afrinic.net/mailman/listinfo/rpd" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.afrinic.net/mailman/listinfo/rpd</a><br>
</blockquote></div></div></div>