Search RPD Archives
Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by:

[rpd] Humble feature request for quarantined/cleaned up IP addresses

Ben Roberts - AfriNIC ben.roberts at afrinic.net
Sat Sep 26 08:23:43 UTC 2026


Logan,
It might be wrong to assume that all quarantined and returned space is contaminated. I’m sure that cyber threat blacklist companies have their own methods of determining address space with threats. I might be wrong to just ask to block all returned space (thus rendering it potentially useless to a future user who has been allocated the space). 

Is there a particular problem that you are trying to solve ?

Kind regards
Ben
Sent from my iPhone

> On 26 Sep 2026, at 10:21, Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Hi All,
> 
> Recently, I was investigating a cyber security incident involving IP addresses.
> 
> A recurring challenge is that even after these IP ranges are returned
> to AFRINIC for quarantine and cleanup, there is no quick, centralized
> way for cybersecurity threat intelligence providers or law enforcement
> agencies to track this status change. I fully appreciate that the
> AFRINIC team already handles a significant workload.
> 
> I would therefore kindly request AFRINIC members  to discuss whether
> putting a dedicated page would be a good idea ? The web page would be
> for quarantined and cleaned up IP ranges so that Cybersecurity Threat
> Intelligence Providers and Law enforcement agencies can easily parse
> those to update their blocklists. CSV format is acceptable but json
> format would be nice to have especially with the rise of automation.
> 
> Kind regards,
> Loganaden Velvindron
> (Speaking in my own capacity)
> 
> _______________________________________________
> RPD mailing list
> RPD at afrinic.net
> https://lists.afrinic.net/mailman/listinfo/rpd



More information about the RPD mailing list