[rpd] Implementation of policy proposal RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space

AFRINIC Policy Liaison policy-liaison at afrinic.net
Wed Sep 28 00:01:52 UTC 2022

Dear PDWG

The implementation of the RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned
AFRINIC Address Space policy (AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03), is under way
but we are presently behind schedule mentioned  in the  impact
assessment[1] .
The implementation has been broken into several milestones notably :-

Deployment  of a stable sandbox environment
Input and verification of the inventory of unallocated resources
Enable creation, validation and revocation of the ROA within the sandbox
environment
Test RPKI-RTR protocol  on sandbox environment
Staging implementation and integration
Testing phase with AFRINIC business rules that impact the unallocated
resource pool
Testing phase with volunteer RPKI subject matter experts from the
PDWG(adhoc group)
Documentation of operations and service support
Production planning and deployment
Documentation of the policy implementation

Furthermore, we have taken  into consideration the suggestions on the
rpd mailing list about the authors collaborating on an operating guide
and members of the PDWG forming part of an adhoc group[2] to be
consulted before implementation.

In the light of the above, we call upon interested RPKI  subject matter
experts from the PDWG community, wishing to be part of the adhoc group
to reach out to the Policy Liaison Team  on policy-liaison at afrinic.net
by 3 October 2022 at 23h59UTC.

[1] https://afrinic.net/policy/proposals/2019-gen-006-d3#impact
[2] https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013306.html

AFRINIC Policy Liaison.
t: +230 403 51 00 | f: +230 466 6758 | tt: @afrinic | w:www.afrinic.net
facebook.com/afrinic | flickr.com/afrinic | youtube.com/afrinicmedia