[rpd] Consensus Decision by the Co-Chairs on the Policy Proposal PDP Working Group Guidelines and Procedures AFPUB-2020-GEN-002-DRAFT06

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Fri Jul 29 05:40:39 UTC 2022

Dear all,
I want to point out for record purposes why this policy cannot reach
consensus as been proposed for record purposes and reference purposes
because some people already made up their mind that they would pass this
policy even before it was presented.

1. A major amendment was made by AFRINIC staff to this policy during this
last PPM, and this amendment was not about a typo but a sentence with
different meanings.  This is a major correction, and the policy cannot have
reached a consensus during the last PPM ( this event was recorded, so there
is clear evidence for this)
2. The author of this proposal came out to say there is some
controversy with some part of the policy that was yet to be addressed. This
was a direct admission of my concern, and these parts were not taken out
nor amended. I wonder why this policy would reach a consensus when this
concern was not addressed.  This same policy was already been implemented
by AFRINIC staff even before this dubious consensus.

3. I raised objections during the last PPM and came onto the mailing list
to ask if they needed me to restate my objections. No response was given,
nor were any of my objections addressed or even mentioned in the attached
report.

Finally, this is another typical example of corruption going on in AFRINIC.
Its unfortunate, and I hope for record purposes, we have people speak out
cos the guys holding AFRINIC by the juggler are not giving up. They are
only running here and there to drum up 'AFRICAN' sentiments without
addressing the corruption going on.

AK

Website <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng>, Weekly Bulletin
<http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/bulletin> UGPortal