[rpd] AFRINIC PDWG Co-Chair Selection Candidates Matrix

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Mon May 23 14:06:14 UTC 2022

Dear PDWG,

Le lundi 23 mai 2022, Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele <muyiwacaleb at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Hello Sylvain,
> I circled back to review the matrix again.

Thanks for this Caleb :-)

> The key issue was that most of the nominators were not registered contacts.

Good point! i agree...
...even if it's about a invalid "nic-hdl" value :-/
then, few risks to find a personal data in it.
Right?

...brother, that's easy to deal with, imho:

a| just share the fake "nic-hdl" attribute's value if
it's not a personal data; else
b| the right owner of the personal data inserted must agree prior to any
publication.

> Meaning, that they never got the right / permission of the original handle
> owners of the resources to even use their handles.

Another good point, thanks :-)

But we don't have this case, here...or i'm missing
 something in the language used :-/

What we have, related to "nic-hdl" attribute, is:

1) 'No Answer'; is just the case where there is no
 value to publish.
2) 'Not registered contact'; is a case where an
 inconsistent entry exist. Question: what's it?
3) 'Value of an appropriate "nic-hdl" attribute', is a case where a valid
entry exists.

> That itself is misleading and ( for lack of better words to
> use) possibly a crime not to get the requisite authorization and then use
> the handle.

...i agree! i'm not sure we have this case, though :-/

But, what transpires from the two last nominations
 seems to be that they contain at least one invalid
 set of information. What are those, is the remainding question :-/

If personal data have been entered to fill a
"nic-hdl" question...then the PLT would have been
said this way...again, i clarification is needed.

> As I mentioned, processes are important.

Yes! sure, thanks once more :-)

Shalom,
--sb.

[image: image.png]