[rpd] status of appeals submitted last January

chair at afrinic.net chair at afrinic.net
Thu Apr 21 12:52:01 UTC 2022

Dear Mr Palet,
At 04:12 AM 21-04-2022, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>Is not only an AC question. If they take a decision on the appeals
>(at least the one on the proposal that expires mid-may) in the next
>few days, will the Board be able to meet to ratify that proposal (in
>case the appeal fails)?

The Policy Development Working Group co-Chairs usually send a report
to request ratification of a policy proposal.  The policy proposal is
added to the agenda for the next Board meeting.

>If the AC decision will be too late for the Board to ratify the
>policy proposal before expires, we must know it *in advance* as we
>must take decisions before the timings will disallow taking actions
>before the next PPM (for example, if the option to publish a new
>version without changes is acceptable - which may imply the
>agreement of the PDWG chairs - we can't miss also the relevant
>deadline before the PPM).

There are at least two steps in the above which are dependant on
other parties.  Those steps would have to be completed, assuming that
the above is correct, before the matter reaches the Board.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

Board Chair, AFRINIC