[rpd] Extension of Last Call - Abuse Contact Policy Update AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT07

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 06:14:51 UTC 2022

Dear PDWG,
Hope this email finds you in good health!

Please see my comments below, inline...

Le dim. 9 janv. 2022 16:37, Serah Eazy Oluwabunmi <seraheazy at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> It is very normal and logical for a network to have the abuse contact in
> their WHOIS registration as part of the AFRINIC's registration service,

Agreed! Thanks for this, dear Serah :-)

but as in ICP-2, it is out of the scope of an RIR to intervene in the
> network’s operations,

...i guess, this is for our brother Owen :-/
iirc, he has the appropriate response to the above.

which is exactly what this proposal will result in.

Maybe :-/

Abuse handling is part of a network’s operations,

Alright!

thus AFRINIC does not have the mandate to dictate to its members how to
> handle abuse and what to act on.

...who is dictating what?
Please recall us the mandate of the PDWG,
as per the ICP-2.

...then a question: what would you recommend
 to an network operator to do when being
abused from an AS without a well functionning
 abuse contact?

Shalom,
--sb.