[rpd] Summary of Proposal Policy Compliance Dashboard AFPUB-2021-GEN-003-DRAFT02

Mathanya Ramaboea mathanyawork at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 21:03:24 UTC 2022

Dear PDWG,

The proposal lacks details that are no good to be left up to
interpretation. These are my concerns and what I think should be added or
worked on to not make the policy a redundancy (which is now the case)

A- 3.Notifications : Enforcing the policy still has no guarantee on how you
would make sure that the members check the dashboard. A large majority of
AFRINIC resource members don’t even stay up to date with the latest policy
developments. And what if they just choose to ignore the dashboard and then
claim that they haven’t checked it since nothing obliges them to..?

B- 4.Lack of compliance : Why does AFRINIC even need this policy to exist
to conduct exhaustive investigations and further actions when a member is
not complying ? This section is one of the most important points of the
policy that needs to justify the need of it, and it is lacking explanatory
details that are crucial to understand what value exactly is added by the
dashboard. Especially if AFRINIC is already doing the same job..

Regards,

Mathanya