[rpd] New Version of Policy Proposal - Update of PDP (Draft-2) - AFPUB-2021-GEN-002-DRAFT02

Ibeanusi Elvis ibeanusielvis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 08:35:25 UTC 2021

Dear all;

Regarding the the rpd: New Version of Policy Proposal - Update of PDP
(Draft-2) - AFPUB-2021-GEN-002-DRAFT02, I want to point out somethings of
importance. First, in general the newly proposed version I feel is a longer
version of the current version. There is no major modification made here.
They are both the same thing just that one is more written out making the
other look like a short summary but they both have the same meaning.
Similarly, what’s the essence of the additionally 1 week at the end of the
last call, in retrospect it means that the length of the last call is
3weeks instead of 2weeks in which every of the pure editorial comments, and
other modifications are made. There is no need for the extra 1 week.

Likewise, 3.4.2 Public Policy Meeting and Consensus Determination; the
reduction of the announcement of the meeting agenda on the RPD List from 2
weeks to 1 week makes no sense cause it does not give the RPD enough time
for discussion and less time to get a better grasp of the meeting’s agenda.
In the current version, it states that “no change can be made to the draft
policy within one week of the meeting…” but good enough, there is two
weeks. The proposed version states the same thing but it only gives a one
week provision.

On the other hand, I personally do not thinking there is a necessity for
the 3.4.5 Additional Functions of the AFRINIC Board of Directors. Cause it
would be an additional work to both the community and the Board plus giving
the board the opportunity to define or make temporary policy change which
would last till next PPM might create an issue from it was created to the
next PPM.

Best regards,
Elvis