[rpd] Abuse addrsses

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Oct 17 00:01:10 UTC 2021

Was there a proposal in exiatance at one time to require members to add
abuse reporting email addresses to their ASN and/or IP block WHOIS records?

I seem to vaguely recall that there may have been one, but I'm not sure
anymore.

If there was one, whatever happened to that?

Regards,
rfg

P.S.  I am a bit annoyed right at the moment, because I just got a spam from
196.81.68.81 which belongs to Maroc Telecom, and they don't have any abuse
reporting address in the WHOIS data base.

This company holds 8,404,992 AFRINIC-issued IPv4 addresses, so it is not
exactly small.  The fact that all of that IPv4 space has been allocated
to the company, by AFRINIC, but with absolutely NO abuse reporting contact
is, well, crazy.

P.P.S.  Based on the nature of the spam, I can say with nearly 100% certainty
that the machine at 196.81.68.81 has been security compromised.