[rpd] Way forward as we approach AFRINIC-34 Public Policy Meeting.

Arnaud AMELINA amelnaud at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 17:55:18 UTC 2021

Hello,

It is good to see that we have made progress from :

⁃ “don’t fix what is not broken” to “ the PDP May or should be fixed”.
⁃ “Problem Statement not important as does not go into the CPM” to
“clear Problem statement is very important and must be accepted before we
look for solution”

It is all good and promising to note what was proposed as “adoption
Phase” in PDP-bis (*) which was killed is being considered as possible
solution to the multiple and competing proposal syndrome

On the way forward, would the cochairs enlighten the PDWG from the 3
identified areas ( Policy Development Process, PDWG Chairs (eligibility,
selection & roles, Conflict Resolution.) :

⁃ which proposals tend to address which area?
⁃ Where clarity needed on PS?
And then,, Where there are competing solutions to the same problem, we
list the solutions and discuss the merits of each of them?

(*) https://afrinic.net/policy/2017-gen-002-d4#details

Look like I missed the deadlines, but I thought these comments and
suggestions were worth been made

Hope this helps

--
Arnaud