[rpd] Policy Proposal: in-region vs out-of-region use of resources, and restrictions thereon

Murungi Daniel dmurungi at wia.co.tz
Thu Jul 29 13:06:37 UTC 2021

Dear Christian,

I find your view on this topic very shortsighted. Given the penchant for abuse, greed, and the fact that AFRINIC got the short end of the stick with regards to number allocations, it is imperative that AFRINIC and it’s members ensure that the allocated number resources are actually used within the region.

As I have mentioned before, because others do it, is not a valid argument for us to copy and paste policies from other RIRs without weighing the benefits and understanding the long term impact of these policies in the context of our RIR.

Regards,
Murungi Daniel