[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jul 22 05:44:42 UTC 2021

> On Jun 8, 2021, at 10:56 , Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz> wrote:

> Hi,

> On 08/06/2021 17:04, Taiwo Oye wrote:

>> There are several objections that have not been resolved to the

>> satisfaction of some members of the community. Personally I see the fact

>> as there is no clear timeline - in policy - to when the AS0 should be

>> removed for reacquired resources or in the case of wrongfully assignment

>> of AS0.

> I believe "as soon as operationally possible" is implied.

> Anything done wrongfully should constitute an emergency.

I’m afraid after it took less than two hours to destroy whois records and
more than 2.5 days to restore them, the definition of “as soon as operationally
possible” is not an acceptable measure.

AFRINIC set a very bad precedent here and I believe that this policy
should be a casualty of that action.

> I'm wondering whether AfriNIC uses analog or digital clocks in their

> offices. Clearly we should specify which one to use.

Why?

> Yes. I really think you're over-reaching into operational matters.

Will you still say that when it is your customers that are down for 2.5 days
while AFRINIC ignores your injunction?