[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jul 22 05:25:08 UTC 2021

> On Jun 8, 2021, at 06:50 , JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net> wrote:

> It is not true, we have responded perfectly to each of the questions, may be is a lack of knowledge, but the RPD is not a training team, and despite that, we have responded to much more than it is in the scope of the RPD.

> The RIR is not injecting anything that should not. If you read RFC6486, you will understand it. Then you can make more concrete and coherent questions, not false information.

While I generally support the idea of AS0 ROAs, I have to say that there is a risk that has not been directly addressed.

This policy assumes that the RIR operates in good faith and does not act in violation of a members rights or its own policies and other governing documents.

Since we have, now, a clear example of AFRINIC doing exactly that, in violation of a court order even, I must urge caution in adopting this policy in this region until such time as we can be assured that AFRINIC has been restored to a good working order and will not further engage in disruptive revocations and terminations without good cause.

> It is impossible to respond with a better answer to questions that come from untrue statements and lack of knowledge.

Nothing I have said above represents either a lack of knowledge or an untrue statement.

I fully support AS0 ROAs for legitimately unallocated space issued by RIRs acting in good faith.

Unfortunately, at this time, I have no confidence that AFRINIC meets that test.